Searching for a hostel

I myself lived at hostels abroad and I know it's cheap and simple way to get a home in the foreign city. But in Russia some old hotels pretend to be hostels just placing more beds in the big room. I think hostel is an atmosphere, more like student- or youth-feeling. That's why you do not choose 5* hotel. Because you not only save money but you do want to feel cared about - in a simple, honest, not "fake gold" way.

I'll mention here some places I visited myself in St. Petersburg or some I heard a lot of kind words about.
Some websites do not have english version, it's silly russian habit. Just call or send an e-mail, they do speak english for sure.

  • Taiga (Dvortsovaya nab. 20)
  • MIR (Nevsky pr. 16)
  • Friends (they have several venues, see the map)
  • Cuba (Kazanskaya st. 5)
  • Location (there are two: Ligovskiy pr., 74 and Admiralteisky pr., 8)
  • Hello (English enbankment, 50)

All of these places are in the center of a city.

If you want more (or you are going to another city), go look through TripAdvisor with the long list sorted by people ranking.
Or use worldwide HiHostels to easily book via website in advance.
Or see my 4sq list with recommendable hostels on the map.


No comments:

Post a Comment